Friday, May 8, 2009

Salt Lake City Half Marathon

So I've been a little bit of a slacker lately... It's taken me almost a month to get these pictures posted!

I have always wanted to run a marathon (crazy, I know), but seeing how I'm getting older and am quite out of shape, decided that I better start with a half marathon so my cousin Emily and I signed up to run the Salt Lake City Half Marathon (which is 13.1 LONG miles for those of you didn't know!) It was an awesome experience! The training part wasn't really that fun, but the actual race day was a lot of fun. The race started up at the Legacy Bridge by the University of Utah and went down through Sugarhouse, SLC, and ended at the Gateway. We were able to run it in 2 hours and 7 minutes, not too bad for our first time.

The starting line...
Emily and me before the race....
2 Hours later...
Emily and me after the race. We survived and look, we're still smiling!! :)
Ryker and me at the finish line! Who wants to run the next one with me???

4 comments:

Heidi said...

That is so freakin cool, I can't believe you can do that, you are awesome!

Wehrle said...

Not only do I think you are CRAZY.... I THINK YOU ARE AWESOME!!!!

Strong Family said...

Congrats! How fun (well I guess). I'm sure Ryker would have no problem running a marathon with you.

jeniece said...

yes, i will run with you.
tehehehe.