Ryker has been playing soccer and is LOVING every moment! He asks me a million times a day how much longer until his game starts. And has to call everyone to make sure they will be there to cheer for him. He plays sports nonstop and is constantly changing his clothes so that he is appropriately dressed for each sporting event. He had his kindergarten check up last week and is all registered for kindergarten this fall and is so excited, I, on the other hand, have mixed feelings about kindergarten... :( Ryker and I have had so many interesting conversations lately. He is so curious about everything and has a million questions all the time. I love my little boy!!!
The end of another school year is drawing near for me and with that comes core testing, horrible behavior and bad attitudes from my students (and maybe a little of that from me too), lots of stress and running around trying to wrap up the year. Luckily, there are only 18 school days left so I just might make it! The last couple of weeks have been draining in just about every aspect and I have had it!! Bring on summer vacation! :)
Besides work, I have stayed busy with all my sporting events. I ran another half marathon on April 17, finished another season of softball (we won the championship again!) and am still playing dodgeball.
Now for the GREATEST news of all...
I'M ENGAGED!!
(which most of you already knew, but here's the story of how Ryan proposed)
After trying to accomodate everyone's schedule, we have picked August 5th as our wedding day. We are going to have a small ceremony and reception with our family and a few friends at The Lion House.
In other news... I have been called as my Ward Young Women's Camp Director, which I find quite humorous seeing how I am so NOT an outdoors woman! I do NOT love camping or being dirty, but am looking forward to it anyhow!
9 comments:
Melissa,
I follow your blog thru Chelsea & Candace. I just wanted you to know, I think you are an AMAZING person and I am so happy you have yet again...found LOVE!
Congratulations,
Jadie
Melissa- I found your blog via another blog in the ward and when I read it I thought wow! yea! Happy news! Also don't worry about camp! I am excited to get to know you and so are all the girls! Besides this is a great year to be in charge- showers, electricity, cabins, it is going to be like a mini vacation! Yea!
Yah!!
Im so so so excited for you :)
You deserve to be so happy.
I got the chills reading your story...I love he included Ryker in the proposal, so sweet!
Lets get together soon.
what a cute way to propose... Congrats again!! I sure wish Ryker would call me and tell me he wants us to come. Pressly loves yelling at everyone on the field...
That is GREAT news!! I am glad that you are happy! Congratulations.
That is hilarious about Ryker and his sport obsession. JB is in soccer and he does not totally love it. In fact we have to bribe him score goals.
So happy for you! You deserve more than a happy ending. What a cute story. I can totally see you complaining. ;) I love that he had Ryker help him. What an awesome dad and husband he will be. Congrats again! I better get an invite to the reception.
Melissa! I am soooo excited for you, Ryker and Ryan. Congratulations! I love how he proposed!! I am so glad you are in love again and happy! Love you!!
this is going to be the best wedding ever.
I am so excited and happy for you! So fun to hear how Ryan proposed - loved how he had Ryker help. Can't wait for August 5th!!!
Post a Comment