Wednesday, February 16, 2011

An Update about Nothing

I am a very lame blogger. I used to have lots of funny and interesting stories to tell, but lately we've been quite boring. I have been sick for almost a month so I really haven't done anything besides go to work, come home and vegetate, but I am finally starting to feel better so hopefully we'll be able to get out and do some fun things again.

Ryker has stayed busy with school, playing basketball and riding his bike. He is eagerly awaiting some warmer weather so he can spend more time outside. This week is "Bring Your Family to School" week so I went to recess with him today. I need to remember how happy and excited he was for me to come to school with him because I'm sure once he's a teenager he won't be so happy to see me at his school!

Ryan spends his days working and a lot of his nights fixing up odds and ends at his house so we can finally get that thing sold. Ryker and Ryan have also been spending some time at the climbing gym. They can't wait until they can get outside to do some climbing. Ryan is pretty excited that Ryker shares his love for climbing.

The latest and greatest news is that I have put in my notice at work. Come the end of school year (which is just 3 1/2 short months away), I will once again be a stay at home mom! I am a little sad that I won't be teaching anymore, but very excited that I will be home to finally finish the pile of projects that have been accumulating over the years!

Well, this post isn't all that interesting, but at least I can say that I have updated the blog!

3 comments:

Heidi said...

I'm so jealous that you are quitting "for sure" now! I can't wait till I get to join you, hopefully it will be sooner than later cuz if I'm at work and your not I'll miss you!!!

Strong Family said...

Good for you! Now we can meet for lunch dates. :)

I hope you guys get better. This has been a horrible winter for sickness. We have had something at our house since after Christmas. UGH!

Maybe I can give you some of my projects that need to be done. ;)

Thoma Lee & Ron Olsen said...

Congrats on the plan to be a stay at home mom - and you thought you were busy before - just wait! Wonderful ~ and love you all tons~~