Thursday, December 8, 2011

Pregnancy Thoughts and An Update about Life

Most of you know how much I LOVE seeing pictures of pregnant women and hearing all about how wonderful their pregnancy experience is. (It's hard to express sarcasm in writing sometimes, but know that the word love is dripping with sarcasm in that sentence.) That being said, I feel the need to apologize for not posting a weekly picture of my ever growing belly. I know that the lack of pictures has been a cause of great disappointment for many of you. :) For those of you that haven't seen me in awhile, just picture me with a basketball in my belly and a little (or a lot) of pudginess in other areas.

I figured I should probably record a few of my thoughts so I will always remember just how much I enjoy being pregnant... (sense the sarcasm??)

I should begin by saying that I am truly grateful to be pregnant and am very excited to welcome this new little guy into our family, I just am not enjoying the physical and emotional toll that being pregnant is having on me. I was pretty sick for the first 4 months of this pregnancy and a lot of days didn't even really get out of bed. I am now 33 weeks pregnant and thankfully, the sick feeling has passed and I have been feeling pretty good lately other than just feeling fat, uncomfortable and tired.

This little baby is quite the wiggly little thing. As soon as I even think about laying down or trying to get myself comfortable, he gives me a swift kick in the ribs or punch to the bladder. He is constantly squirming around and my belly often looks like an alien is trying to break free from it. I love feeling him move, but can't believe how something so little can cause so much discomfort. He makes sleeping very difficult, but I guess I should just think of it as his way of preparing us for when he's born.

Ryan and Ryker have been taking good care of me. Ryker picks things up for me so I don't have to bend over and is more than happy to tie my shoes. He also helps me remember things and keeps me in line. He has turned into a little backseat driver and tells me where I need to go, when to turn and where to park. Ryan has done a wonderful job keeping my food cravings satisfied and being supportive when I whine. Between work and taking care of me and Ryker, he has still managed to find time to lay the floor in the kitchen and bathrooms of our new house. I'm not sure how he does it all, I get tired just thinking about everything he does every day.

We are just a couple weeks away from being able to move into our new house. If the stars all align perfectly, we will move in right before Christmas. I am so excited to get moved in and organized again. The thing I hate most about living in an apartment (besides living on the 3rd floor) is that our stuff is everywhere! There just is not enough space and not enough drawers and cabinets to have any kind of organization and it is driving me CRAZY! I gave up on cleaning and organizing a couple months ago.

Ryker is still loving school and has made a lot of friends at his new school. We don't always enjoy homework time, but he is making progress and has learned so much already this year. He is becoming a very good reader and we have been reading "Junie B, First Grader: Jingle Bells, Batman Smells (P.S. So Does May)" together. If you haven't read this, I would HIGHLY recommend reading it. Ryker was nearly rolling on the ground laughing the other night after reading one of the chapters. All of the Junie B. Jones books are pretty funny, but this one is hilarious! I love that Ryker shares my love for reading and it is something we can do together.

Hopefully, my next post will be written from inside our new home!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I like this site. Thanks for sharing this article, great way of bring such topic to discussion. Wow, that was pretty interesting. Inspiring, as well. Thanks for sharing such inspiring experience with us. Great blog, congrats! Bridal saree

Anonymous said...

What can you share my understanding and what can be brought to us, the cork and the relation to each other by links. friv 7