Saturday, November 29, 2008

Smoke Detectors

Why is it that the batteries in smoke detectors only die in the middle of the night??? I love to be awoken in the middle of the night to the sweet chirping sound of a smoke detector, which is what happened last night... I have 4 smoke detectors all within about 5 feet of each other so it is really hard (especially in the middle of the night) to distinguish which one was chirping. So I just opted to change all 4 batteries, but apparently I put all the batteries in the wrong way so they all began chirping! By this time I am, of course, cursing all the stupid smoke detectors and about to have freak out (like the episode of Friends where Phoebe can't get her smoke detector to stop beeping), but luckily I did manage to pull it together and get the batteries in the right way! I know I could save myself a lot of trouble by changing the batteries every 6 months like your suppose to, but I like to live on the wild side and only change the batteries when absolutely necessary!

2 comments:

Heidi said...

K that is hillarious because the same thing happened to us one night in the middle of the night too. And guess what I compared it to as well? Thats right the friends episode,I was laughing so hard, finally we just took it down and shoved it in the closet under some blankets and shut the door till the next morning!

Nicole said...

I really do think that the batteries in smoke detectors really only do die in the middle of the night! What's up with that??