Why is it that the simplest of tasks always turn disastrous when I am short on time? I've had quite the run of homemaking catastrophes lately…
Tuesday night I had to make a bunch of hot chocolate for a church activity. So I threw some water and hot chocolate in a pot and put it on the stove to heat up then ran to get Ryker ready. It always seems like when I’m in a hurry, is the time when Ryker decides to be stubborn. He didn’t want to get dressed and didn’t want to wear the clothes I had picked out. So, I had to fight with him and it took much longer than I had anticipated. I come back into the kitchen to find hot chocolate boiling over onto the stove and all over the floor! It even found its way in between the glass of my oven door. I have to admit I let a few swear words fly, which I feel horrible about seeing that the hot chocolate was for a church activity!! I did finally manage to get the rest of my hot chocolate made and to my church thing without being too late, but had to leave a huge mess of hot chocolate since I didn’t have time to clean it up. So I went to my activity, which turned out to be very fun, but had to come home to a disaster zone of hot chocolate! My oven door had to be taken apart (Thanks, Jason) in order to clean the glass inside. Plus, the hot chocolate was burnt onto my stove!! I spent a lot of time scrubbing that, until I finally gave up and Jason ended up getting it to come clean the next night by scraping it with a razor blade.
Today I had to make some treats to take to work for our potluck lunch. I made peanut butter cup cookies, which turned out just great, so it turns out I can cook some stuff without causing a catastrophe. But then I started to make queso dip, which I have made a thousand times, but today since I had to make a ton, I decided to do it on the stove in a big pot rather than just throw it in the microwave. So I cut up the Velveeta cheese, put it into the pot to melt, and ran to get Ryker ready. He, like always when we’re in a hurry, didn’t want to get ready or do anything for that matter, so after fighting with him for several minutes I said, “forget it” and ran to check on the queso, which was burning!!!! And filling my kitchen with smoke (more swear words!!) I was running late and didn't have time to run to the store, but luckily, Jason came to the rescue again and rushed to the store and got me some new cheese and chili for the queso dip, which turned out great the second time around!
One of these days, I'm going to have it all together and have everything done right and in an orderly manner. But lately, I just can't stay on top of things and it always seems like the simplest things turn into stressful situations! I feel like I'm always running late and just never have quite enough time to get everything done. I need about 100 more hours in a day, a personal chef, and a maid then I would be set!!
5 comments:
Don't you love all the extra things during the holidays! As if you are not busy enough during the rest of the year!Oh well, I still love the holidays! I am glad I am not the only one who has kids that turn crazy the minute it is time to go somewhere!
Are we getting together in a few weeks?
Wow what a week you had... ha ha ha.. Life can be tooooooo busy sometimes, I know this!! You are welcome!!!
Yuck that doesn't sound like too much fun, maybe you should just stop cooking like me, then you won't have the messes! I missed the yummy food at work, dang! Hope all is going well, I'm excited to see ya after Christmas!
I have been telling you about this curse for years! I make good rolls and cookies 99% of the time, but when I am making them for something well.... and if all works well then Matt drops them on the way to the car!
Im glad to see everyone has days like this. Seems like I have a lot more of them lately...Glad Jas could help you out. He truly is such a life saver in so many ways, and always so willing to help whoever needs it. I hope next week is better for you!!!
Post a Comment