Roy Aquatic Center
We went to the Roy Aquatic Center a couple weeks ago with some of my work friends. We had a great time. Ryker is becoming quite the swimmer and loves to use his goggles.Ryker and Marcey
On July 1st, we went down to Salem Park for a doggie birthday party. My fun Aunt Connie has a party every year for all the kids. She puts together a picnic for all of us and gives the kids fun toys to play with at the park. The kids get to race boats in the little stream, play in the water, and we all sit around and visit. It is a wonderful tradition and is so much fun!
Ryker, Farley, Connie, and Rascal
(I use to come to this park when I was a little girl with my Great-Grandma Davis and do this very same thing... Gosh, I am getting old!)
July 2nd was my 28th birthday... My cousin Jeniece, who is here from Australia, came up the night before for a little birthday slumber party!
Ryan officially started my birthday celebration by bringing me one of my favorite treats, eclairs, over at midnight. They were delicious! After snacking on elcairs and other goodies, Jen and I stayed up chatting and reminiscing about our "younger" days. I have missed Jen SOOO much while she has been going to school in Australia so it was way fun to spend time with her.
On the day of my birthday, we went to the spa to get massages. It was wonderful!!
Later that night, I went to dinner with some of my girl cousins. We went to Tucano's Brazillian Grill in SLC, sooo yummy!
Jaymie, Katie, and Ashley
Jen, me, and Beckee
Jaymie and me running from Transformers.
Thanks girls for celebrating with me! And thanks everyone for all the gifts and birthday wishes. Despite having to get a year older, it was a great birthday!!
Swimming Lessons
Swimming Lessons
Ryker has been taking swimming lessons the last 2 weeks with some friends at Layton Surf 'n Swim. He is so cute and funny at his lessons, I have loved watching him. One of the days they used little body boards and had races back and forth between the teachers. The rest of the kids didn't really care about racing, but Ryker took it so seriously and HAD to be the winner. He would race out in front and then would look over his shoulder to make sure that no one was going to pass him.
5 comments:
I love summer! I don't want to go back, it's too fun staying home and playing! Happy late birthday! Rock climbing looks fun, i'm pretty sure i couldn't do it, and that picture of ryan bringing ryker down the mountain is way cute!
It looks like you guys are having so much fun! And I hear ya about the birthday thing. Ugh. 30 is gonna suck! lol But we have 2 years to worry about that, right? :P
Happy birthday Melissa! I can't imagine why Ryker had to be the winner of the swimming race, and why he would have to so competitive??? Could he get that from his Mommy??
Isn't summer the BEST!? Looks like you've been keeping busy having fun. Happy late birthday, you are SOOOO old! Enjoy your last few weeks before heading back to work.
i only just saw this post! i am honestly tearing up! i miss you too much!
Post a Comment