Apparently I am one of those people who think that running is fun and that it is enjoyable to abuse your body so much that you can barely walk the next day...
I ran the Provo Half Marathon last Saturday and even though these 13.1 miles were the hardest miles I have ever run in my life, all I can think about is running it again next year! Crazy, I know.
The race started up by Sundance Resort and went down Provo Canyon, ending at the Shops at Riverwood on the Provo River Parkway Trail. It was a very scenic run but it was STEEP! I have now decided that I would prefer to run uphill rather than downhill.
After going to Disneyland, Emily and I decided that Minnie Mouse would be the perfect costume. Luckily, my mom is crafty and whipped us up some cute skirts.
Here we are at the top looking happy because we are unaware of the pain that will soon be inflicted on our bodies.

Here I am toward the end... The last mile was the longest mile I have ever run. It went on and on FOREVER!

Done at last!

Me, Maria, Sean, Emily

The Sunday and Monday following the run, I hurt like I have never hurt before. It was nearly impossible to walk down the stairs and I felt like I was going to throw up from the pain of trying to get out of bed but for some strange reason, I want to run it again next year. I think I learned a lesson this year... I need to train MORE!!
If anyone else is interested in inflicting pain on their bodies let me know and we can all sign up together next year!! Isn't there a saying about misery loving company?? :)
3 comments:
sign me up pal! I miss you! We had evening of excellence weds night and looking at all those YW pictures makes me miss you in YW. Congrats on your half marathon!
I cannot even imagine how you felt, since after 2 1/2 miles I am sore. I think it's great that you do it. Loved the dinner murder party too. I have a 1920's one you could borrow.
running in a Minnie Mouse costume!! i would totally do that. except for the running part.
Post a Comment