As usual we have been busy! We've had all sorts of family parties, sporting events, work, school and just the usual day to day stuff that has kept us running from one thing to another. Here are a bunch of random pictures of what we've been up to.
We had our annual Peterson Family Easter Egg Hunt on April 9th at Scott and Cheryl's. The weather didn't cooperate very well, so we had to improvise. Rather than hunting outdoors for eggs, my aunts and grandma came up with a scavenger hunt for them to find their candy and eggs.
Grandma Jilly-Bean and Ryker
Emily and me
Ryker found the silver egg that had money inside! He was so excited!!
Ryan and me
Grandma Peterson and Ryker
Emily and I ran the annual SLC Half Marathon for the third time on April 16th. We did NOT train very well this year, but still managed to finish in 2 hours and 12 minutes, which isn't a personal best but at least we finished!
Here we are at the start of the race...
And here we are at the end... Still smiling.
This was probably the easiest race I have ever done. Emily and I just talked the whole time we ran and the time went by so quickly. I thought for sure since I hadn't trained very well, I would be miserable the whole race and be super sore the next day, but I felt fantastic at the end and wasn't even sore the next day.

The Easter Bunny came for a visit...
All the Watkins grandchildren at Ryan's parents missionary farewell on Easter Sunday.
Our cute family on Easter Sunday. I love my boys. :)
The another night I went to check on Ryker and this is what I found...
He loves reading, especially sports books.
And lastly... Ryker got tubes yesterday!
This is kind of a silly picture but I thought Ryker having surgery was blog-worthy. He was a trooper. He wasn't nervous about the surgery, except that he was bummed he wouldn't be able to eat breakfast, he didn't think that was very fair. Even though, getting tubes is a pretty standard procedure, I was a little nervous about sending him off on his own. I got a little teary eyed when they had him hop in the wagon to head off to the operating room, but he was brave and everything went great. We are hoping this will help clear up his hearing problems.
3 comments:
I totally hear you! We have done tubes 3 times now and everytime I get more than a little nervous!
Hope he feels better!!
Love your Easter picture. Such a cute family. :)
Way to go on your half marathon!
3!? Thats so great. You will have to give me pointers, I am "training" and I just cant get into the groove.
Glad you had a good holiday! You look great!
that last pic of Ryker is sooooo cute!
missing you lots and lots and lots.
Post a Comment