Monday, August 29, 2011

San Diego


Ryan had to go to go on a business trip to San Diego so Ryker and I got to tag along. Ryan and I decided it would be fun to surprise Ryker with the trip since he had never been on an airplane before and the trip would take place over his birthday.

Ryker thought we were just dropping Ryan off at the airport, but instead he asked Ryker if he wanted to come with him... Ryker's answer was, "No, not really-" not quite the reaction we were hoping for. It was pretty early in the morning and Ryker was a tad sleepy, but we did finally convince him that flying to San Diego would be fun.

First airplane ride!
Since Ryan had to work during the day, Ryker and I kept ourselves busy one of the days by hanging out at this mall that had a pond with tons of fish in the middle of one of the common areas. Ryker thought playing with the fish was WAY more fun than shopping.
In the evening, when Ryan finished working, we went to the beach. It was a little chilly but Ryan and Ryker still enjoyed playing in the water. I stayed bundled up, far away from the water.
On Thursday, Ryker and I went to Sea World. Poor Ryan had to work during the day, but was able to join us later that night for some sea animal fun!

Ryker mapping out where we needed to go...
Hanging out the sea turtle exhibit...
Petting a star fish
Ryker was very happy when Ryan came. Since I'm pregnant, I wasn't able to ride any of the rides so Ryker was overjoyed to finally have someone to take him on the rides.
I needed at least one picture to prove that I was actually there.
Friday was Ryker's birthday!! He got to open some presents when he woke up and then he and I headed to the beach while Ryan worked.
Even though it was cold that didn't stop Ryker from having fun. He loved running up and down the beach and splashing in the waves.
Another picture with me in it to prove that I was on the trip.

Our fabulous sand castle.
We took Ryker to the Padres vs. Braves baseball game for his birthday. He thought it was very cool and it actually was a pretty exciting game and best of all, the Padres won!

1 comment:

Maines said...

Looks like you guys had fun! Ryker is getting so big. He is so cute!