Monday, September 26, 2011

Spudman- July 30th

In July, Ryan and a bunch of our friends competed in the Spudman Triathalon. We headed up to Burley on Friday night so they could all get ready for the big race. Cristina's parents live in Burley and were nice enough to let all of us camp out at their house.

On Saturday morning, the racers woke up bright and early and headed down to the Snake River for their early morning swim. Caroline and I were too slow getting to the starting line so I didn't get any pictures of them in the water.

Matt and Ryan heading out on the bike
Ryan at the start of the run
All of the racers at the Finish Line
Dunk, Ryan, Cristina, Matt, Steph, Mike, Mark, Kristen, and Mitch
The racers and the support crew
Ryan didn't have much time to train this year but still managed to cut a few minutes off his time and improved a lot on the swim portion of the race. I was so proud of him! I think next year I might have to do the Spudman to give Ryan some competition...

No comments: