Sunday, September 21, 2008

Mischief....

Let me just start by saying how much I really DO love my little 3 year old, but I have just about had it with him and his little escapades the past couple of weeks…

Let’s start with last night… I was in the bathroom getting ready to go out to dinner. I thought Ryker was watching TV in the front room, come to find out he managed to find yet another pair of scissors (I keep hiding them and he keeps finding them. I bought him a pair of those safety scissors that only cut paper but those seem to have disappeared…) Anyway, I come out to help him get his shoes on only to see that he has cut several chunks of hair off his head!!! Lovely!

The other night he was taking a bath in my tub, I went to go put in a load of laundry, I come back to find that he has taken a candle and scraped all the wax out of the jar and rubbed it all over his face and all over the tub!!! That was really fun to clean up!

Here is a rundown of some of the other wonderful things Ryker’s been up to... He peed in the garage. He cut off the bottoms of his pajama pants and cut up his snow hat (and has cut about a million pieces of paper into a zillion little pieces). He has ran around outside naked on several occasions this week. He pulled ALL his clothes out of his dresser and all the toys out of his closet, TWICE!! He rearranged my closet for me by pulling ALL my pants off their hangers. He drew all over himself with marker and has done about a million other things that I just can’t think of right now!!

Now where is his parental supervision while he is doing all this you might ask??? He only needs about 30 seconds to get into trouble. I can’t leave him alone for even a second! So my house is a mess, I haven’t had time to do anything since he can't be left alone, and I haven’t been able to get to bed at a reasonable hour since I have to get all my work done once Ryker goes to bed. So needless to say, I am a little frazzled and tired of being a single mom! How do people do it with more than one kid?

Okay, I’m done complaining!! Kids grow up too fast so I’m supposed to cherish these moments, right??

8 comments:

The Webber's said...

Melis-
I am glad that my child is not the only one who creates messes on occasion! Logan is usually pretty mellow, but he has his days! Right now he loves to get into the fridge and the cupboard and always seems to make a bit of a mess! Good thing that they are cute, right?

Nicole said...

That little stinker!! JB's been kind of pill lately too! Mainly he likes to beat up on his little brother all the time, although, last night he drew all over my new couch with a black pen!! I seriously was ready to beat him!! I did spank him, I don't think he cared much though. Awe yes, we must cherish these moments, or so they say!!

Becker Family said...

Oh, wow! I know how you feel. It is HARD! He is sure cute, though, and I know you will look back and laugh. I've written some things down that happened with Mikaylee and John when they were younger (that made me cry at the time) and now I just laugh. Keep writing it down... you'll see... Good luck!

Chelsey said...

OH Melissa I don't know how you do it because I know how much I look forward to Kurt getting home from work at night even if he doesn't do much (which he is usually good) but it would be so hard to do it by yourself all the time. It does make me feel a little better though because Logan is a little...you know what...and sometimes I think I am going to beat her. ( I probably shouldn't say that because someone will think I am serious and turn me in) But seriously, it is so hard and I am sure you are doing an amazing job...if anything he is dang cute!

candace said...

LOL! ha ha ha ha ha ha K I am laughing so hard right now. That was a great post I can just hear you saying all of those things. I LOVE it. I don't know how we do it! Ahh maybe because we have no other option LOL Maybe you should add getting kicked out of the mall and the buckle and Mcdonalds to the list of things our boys can get into.

Heidi said...

ahhh, thats crazy!!!! What am I getting myself into with a little boy! I will be asking for lots of advice im sure, or I will just have to laugh it off when my kid does the same thing!

The Gilleland Family said...

I'm glad you wrote all his antics down. You'll laugh later. I think kids go through these little phases of being naughty. Taylee seems to be just getting over one of her little phases, probably to start another one. Oh, well its memories and great stories for our blogs!

Kym said...

Melissa... Ryker is just making memories. Later you will laugh, but in the moment it sure makes you wonder why you wanted to do this parenting thing to begin with. It does get better, but your house is never "spotless" again. Oh well-10 years from now it wont matter what our house looked like.(right, thats what everyone tells us)