Monday, September 1, 2008

Labor Day Weekend at the Cabin

In attempt to become less of a high maintenance girl and to expose my son to the wonderful world of camping, Ryker and I went up to my grandparent's cabin this weekend for some camping and fourwheeling with my family. I wouldn't consider myself a "girlie girl" but I definately don't love being dirty. I am trying to be a little tougher for Ryker's sake and am trying to spend a little bit more time in the Great Outdoors and as it turns out I am ACTUALLY enjoying it!!

I think being able to pee outside is one of Ryker's favorite things about camping... This is him saying, "Mom, don't take pictures of my butt!"
Ryker and me after a long ride. Ryker doesn't like driving with me because he says I'm a crazy driver and that I drive too fast. I'd have to say I'm a pretty damn good driver... I've only wrecked once! Ryker entertained us on Saturday night with some Jonas Brothers songs. It was hilarious! I'm not sure where he learned his dance moves... but this boy can really get his groove on! Watch out ladies!!
We ran out of gas on our first four wheeling trip... Luckily, we weren't very far from the cabin.
Me, my mom, Ryker, Andrew, and Jrue on top of the mountain
Andrew and me relaxing around the campfire. The boys made us a big campfire to roast hot dogs and marshmallows.
Ryker enjoying his fire cooked hot dog!Ryker and me enjoying nature!
Isn't he cute?!
Ryker and me "hiking." We had to stop about every 50 feet to look at something and didn't get too far before he was tired and had to be carried.
Relaxing after a long (?) hike...

3 comments:

Heidi said...

I thought you weren't going to go! I bet you are glad you did, it looks like you guys had fun, and one more last get away before school is for reals. See ya tomorrow!

The Webber's said...

Looks like so much fun! You got to love the great outdoors! When are you guys going to come up and play with us? Let me know when you have a free day! We would love to do something! And holy cow!!! I didn't even recognize Andrew - He is HUGE! When did you grow up?

Maines said...

Geeze, dont take pictures of my butt mom!! that is great! Ryker is so stinken cute! I am all for dinner... in fact, I think I will get an email going. We all know how much we love emailing :)