Sunday, November 2, 2008

In Loving Memory

Nathan Tyler
April 18, 1979-November 2, 2006
Don’t think of him as gone away…
His journey’s just begun.
Life holds so many facets…
this Earth is only one.

Just think of him as resting
from the sorrows and the tears.
In a place of warmth and comfort,
where there are no days and years.

Think how he must be wishing
that we would know today
How nothing but our sadness
can really pass away.

And think of him living
in the hearts of those he touched…
For nothing loved is ever lost,
and he was loved so much.
Love you, Nate!
You are forever in our hearts...

14 comments:

Nicole said...

What a sweet tribute. I have been thinking of you today. I hope your day has been filled with wonderful memories of Nate.

dirty mccurdy said...

Hey Melissa, you've been on our minds today. Thats a beautiful poem, we love you. You are such an amazing person and mom! I don't know how you do it. I can't wait for girls weekend, I hope Vegas can handle us.....

The Webber's said...

Melis -
What a great tribute to Nate. I hope you are doing Ok! Love ya!

Jamie said...

That was an awesome post, Melissa! Nate will never be forgotten. He was truly an amazing person.

Chelsey said...

That was beautiful Melissa, even with my kids screaming in my ear! You are such an amazing person and what a great tribute to Nate. We hope all is well with you and Ryker.

Morris Five said...

Melissa I found your blog thru kym's. I just want you to know that we are thinking of you at this time. This is one of Aaron's favorite quotes when he thinks about his dad passing at such a young age also, it states "the deep hurt is the mirror image of the deep joy that still awaits you." You are so strong and such a cute mom. That poem was amazing. It's been fun getting to know you and ryker!!!

Bryce and Janica said...

Melissa, I know, I know, I'm saying what everyone else has already said,(it really sucks to post last cause then you just look like a copy cat). I didn't really know Nate, but I do know the love that you feel, and I can't imagine the loss that is there, keep on being positive, you seriously are amazing. Everytime I pass your house to go to Jen's I think that, you really are amazing!!!! Keep your head up.

Kym said...

Ive been thinking about you this past week. I cant even imagine what you feel during these times. I just hope that you will know that we love ya, and are here if you need us. I read a quote today it said "When you come to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on." Hang in there, Melissa

Thoma Lee & Ron Olsen said...

All of us in your HUGE family are thinking of you and Ryker. That is the best picture of Nate!

Maines said...

Melis-
We were thinking of you Sunday. I hope you are doing ok. You are such a strong person and I look up to you for that. We need to plan a dinner soon! Love ya, Jaymie

Becker Family said...

I love the pictures of Nate and the poem. We are thinking of you guys and remembering what a great person Nate was (and still is!) Love ya!
Beckee

Wehrle said...

That was such a nice tribute! I hope you are doing okay, and Ryker as well!
On a side note... Vegas when! Maybe you should call me when you get here!

Nik and Michelle said...

I really admire you Melissa. Your such a great person and a great friend.

Funky Farmers said...

Melis- Hey girl. I know I am a little late here, but I want you to know that I have been thinking about you and your little guy. You are such an amazing example that I look up to so much. I hope one day that I can have the kind of strength and spirit that you have. And I just have to say that Ryker looks so cute in his alien costume. I can't believe your mom made that.