Today was a Teacher Work Day for me which means no students, but lots of work to do and I had to be there earlier than usual. After only getting about 2 hours of sleep my wonderful mom came to the rescue. She watched Ryker for a couple hours so I could go to work and being the fantastic mother she is, she even cleaned up my house!! What would I do without my mom?!
Luckily, Ryker did get feeling better by the evening so I got him all dressed up in his space alien costume (which my amazing mom made) and we started the trek to visit all the fam! We visited my brother-in-law Chris and his family, then to Ryker's baby-sitter's house, and then to my parent's house for dinner. Ryker had a great time handing out candy at my parent's house and then my mom took him trick-or-treating around her neighborhood to show off his great costume! We finally made it back to our house where Nate's dad and step-mom were waiting with a Halloween treat for Ryker. Even though our Halloween started out a little rough, it turned out to be a fun night!
6 comments:
Wow what a day it sounds like.. I'm glad it all worked out, looks like your mom put to many hours in the costume to miss halloween.. Looks like you 2 had a great time. Now on to my favorite holiday, Thanksgiving.. Ryker is to cute!!!
Looks like you guys have been crazy busy- as usual! I don't know how you manage to do so many things!! Glad you guys had such a great halloween, his costume is super cute- your mom is super talented. I 'attempted' the home made costumes this year... pretty sure it's not gonna happen again! So hard!!!
I'm still laughing over Ryker's "Im a man" stage- so funny! They come up with the craziest things at this age!
Ryker's costume is so adoarable! Sounds like you you guys were so busy and had fun, despite the throwing up! Yuck!!! We need to hang out again sometime - When do you have another day off?
Happy Halloween (Late) Your lil one looked so cute and Im glad he was feeling better to go out.
I loved your previous post as well.
I'm glad he got feeling better to go trick or treating, a kid cant miss out on that! He looks so cute in his little costume!
Melis-
Just wanted to let you know that we are thinking of you today...You are an amazing mom and friend. Thanks for being the example that you are. We love you and keep you in our prayers. Hopefully today has been an okay of a day.
love, jake and annalee
Post a Comment