Saturday, October 24, 2009

San Diego

I went to San Diego with Ryan and a few friends in September. We rented a house near the beach and had a nice, relaxing, and super fun weekend!! Ryan, Dunk, and I flew out Friday night (everyone else left Thursday) and headed to the house we rented. Friday night we just hung out at the house and walked on the beach.

On Saturday, we headed to La Jolla to go kayaking and hang out on the beach. We rented kayaks and had a guide take us out to some caves. We saw leopard sharks, an assortment of fish, and some seals. Eli and Dunk were very cute in their double kayak. I'm not sure how they managed to keep from sinking!
Looking sweet in our life jackets... Eli, Stephanie, me, Ryan, Dunk, Christina, and Matt
The girls looking SUPER HOT!!

Another HOT pic
All of us after kayaking

Stephanie, Mike, Dunk, Eli, Matt, me, and Ryan in La Jolla
Ryan and me on a romantic (?) stroll
I'm pretty sure we were laughing at how cool and hot we are! I had so much fun with these girls. It was so nice to get away from our kids and just be able to have a good time!
The guys did a little snorkeling...
On the beach in La Jolla, this was taken with the self-timer, which is why it's a little crooked.
After dinner on Saturday night
The main reason we went to San Diego was to go to the Chargers vs. Ravens game. I have to say I was a little shocked by the behavior of the fans... I have never seen so many drunken idiots in one place! It was pretty entertaining to watch the drunk fans struggle up the stairs and wander around looking for their seats.
Hanging out at the game
At the stadium
The girls at the lifeguard station
We spent the last night entertaining ourselves at the beach with a "Beach Competition," which consisted of a variety of events, such as races, wrestling, handstands, one-handed hot potato, and a many more. It was very silly, but so much fun. I don't think I have laughed that hard in a long time!
Here's one of the races...

We weren't really planning on getting wet, but that's what happens when you're close to the ocean!
On Monday morning we all got up early so we could hit the beach one more time and do a little body boarding.
The last day at Lifeguard Station 16!
All of us in front of the house we rented.

2 comments:

Strong Family said...

Looks like a good time! You crack me up at all the events you guys did on the beach. :) Much deserved break I'm sure.

Chelsey said...

So fun Melissa! Sometimes that is all you need, is a little away time! I am glad you got it!!!