Sunday, February 1, 2009

13.1 miles....

Well, we're a month into the new year and my goal to get back into shape wasn't going too well. Playing basketball once a week just wasn't cutting it. So I decided it was time to do something drastic... I signed up to run the Salt Lake City Half Marathon on April 18!! CRAZY!!! I have always wanted to run a marathon so I thought this would be a good place to start.

My friend, Chelsea, decided awhile ago she was going to run it, so I jumped on the bandwagon and got registered last night. Now there's no backing out!!! I started training this past week and although it's been a little rough, I am actually enjoying it. I have had a lot more energy this week and other than being a little sore, have felt great!! It has been great to have something to force me to run because I just don't have the motivation to do it myself.

There are still 11 weeks until the race so if anyone is interested there's still plenty of time to train! If I survive running this half marathon, who wants to run the St. George marathon with me in October????

2 comments:

Wehrle said...

I hate to call you crazy but I am going to have to!! I HATE RUNNING! I think all those sports and being forced to do it has ruined me! I am pretty sure I would struggle running 1 mile! good luck though, you will do great, you have always been a good runner!!

Ash said...

Looks like you've been up to a lot and having fun! A new puppy?!?! I''m so jealous! Maybe one day we can have one! Good resolutions too, other than you are a great mom! I think this age is just full of challenges and hard to enjoy a lot of the time :) Cute little stinkers... key word- STINKERS! Gotta love them! and the marathon? Awesome. Keep up the good work!