Warning: This post contains a lot of complaining!!
Can I just say how burned out I am?!! I am tired of working, being a mom, tired of cleaning, cooking, shoveling snow, paying the bills, taking care of a sick little boy, being sick, and being responsible for everything. I am pretty much tired of doing anything and everything!! This last week has been so long and has just been hard!
Ryker has been sick off and on all week. Last Friday he had a fever and was throwing up. He seemed to be better by Monday, but then Tuesday night had a fever again with a stuffy nose and a cough. He laid around all day Wednesday and then I noticed that behind his ear and his neck was all red and swollen. We ended up at the doctor that night because he had an infection in one of his glands. He had to get a shot in his thigh. He was very brave, but it about broke my heart to have to hold him down while the nurse gave him a shot. We headed to Wal-Mart to wait for his prescription to be filled and he cried the whole time we waited because his thigh hurt and he just didn’t feel good. It was awful. Ryker hates taking medicine so it has been a fight every time to get him to take it. Yesterday morning, he spit all his medicine all over me and all over the kitchen and last night he threw up it up all over the bathroom- TWICE!! Because he hasn't been feeling well, he has been 10 times more demanding than usual and has just been much more difficult!
This week has been an extremely difficult as far as work goes. I have been working my butt off, but it just doesn’t seem like I ever can get caught up. There are always papers to correct, lessons to prepare, and students to worry about. I love my job and wouldn’t want to do anything else, but it is exhausting! Mid-terms were this week so I had to spend a lot of time of extra time getting those ready and helping students get caught up with all their missing work. And parent-teacher conferences are next week so I’ve been trying to get ready for those too! Busy, busy, busy!!!
I feel like for the most part that I am okay with life and that I can handle it, but it seems like every couple of months everything hits at once and I feel a little overwhelmed and just can't seem to do it! This has been one of those weeks!!!
9 comments:
Hang in there Melissa! I would love to help you with anything, please let me know what i can do! I Love you!
I'm sorry that sounds like a crazy week, i hope ryker is feeling better soon and you can get caught up on some sleep too! I'm so not looking forward to parent teachers, I got sick this weekend too, it sucks! I think we just get rundown from working and being a mom and just life! hope you are feeling better by Monday!
sorry to hear life is crazy right now! It sounds to me like you need a little Vegas sun! Bring Ryker down and he and Elliott can play and we can hang out! I am pretty sure that is the fix!!
Melissa you are so amazing, I can't even believe how hard it is sometimes myself and I have an extra pair of hands. I think that Lacey's idea sounds great...head to Vegas, leave the kids home with Lance and go out on the town with Lace in Vegas!!! And then when you get home, make sure to keep coming to dodgeball to get out and relieve some frustration! Hang in there girl!
I am really surprised that you dont have more of these weeks. I have them quite often and wonder sometimes when this will be all worth it :) But I have to say when you have even just a great moment, it makes it seem like you can handle just about anything...until it hits that is :) You are doing awesome, keep pluckin!
Melissa, you are Superwoman! I don't know how you do it! Hopefully this will be a better week. Once conferences are over, you need to just do something totally mindless and be a vegetable for a couple of days. Hang in there!
I'm sorry it's been one of those weeks! You are doing a great job. Hang in there... Hope Ryker gets feeling better!
PS Love your blog background :)
Dear Melissa,
I think you are doing an amazing job. It isn't easy to have all the responsibilty of life on your shoulders. You are doing a great job and it is Ok to complain once in a while. You are a very strong girl. I love you,
Karilee
Post a Comment