As you can probably guess from the title of my post; yes, my keys got locked in my car, and no, I don't have a spare!!!
Ryker and I had quite the 4th of July adventure... We were getting ready to go to a BBQ at my brother in law's house yesterday afternoon so I threw all our stuff in the car (including my purse with the keys in it) and went to throw some garbage way. I came back into the garage to get Ryker loaded in the car only to find out that he had closed all the car doors and locked them! Isn't he sweet?! Well, naturally I throw a little bit of a temper tantrum seeing how I don't have an extra set of keys. I probably taught my 3 year old a few inappropriate words, but I was a little upset as I'm sure you can all imagine. It has been a rough week at our house so this was just icing on the cake! We were already late for the BBQ at Chris' and were suppose to be in West Jordan in an hour. So instead of being a rational person and just calling a locksmith, I called my mom and had a "minor??" meltdown. Sorry Mom!! I then called my brother in law to tell him what happened and that we wouldn't be making it to the BBQ. So Nate's mom down to get Ryker while I waited for the locksmith, which really made me lose it since Ryker's car seat was locked in the car! Then Nate's brother came down to see if he could get it unlocked, no luck, but luckily the locksmith showed up. So 2 minutes and $40 later, the doors were unlocked and I had my keys back!!
Anyway, we did manage to finally make it to the BBQ at Chris' and then later to my family party in West Jordan. We were quite late to everything, but at least we made it! I was still a little stressed, so sorry everyone for being a little bit ornery!! And thanks to Chris and Dianna for coming down to rescue me.
My aunt and uncle live down by the West Jordan Rodeo Fairgrounds so we go there every 4th of July for a BBQ, swimming, and then to watch the big rodeo fireworks. We also had quite the firework show, what with all the little pyromaniacs in my family. We also had a lot of fun playing with the glow bracelets my aunt got everyone. So needless to say our 4th of July turned out just fine!
1 comment:
Wow! Sounds like a rough day! I'm glad that you got it all worked out. Hope you had a good birthday and 4th! Are you still planning on coming up Monday? Give me a call!
Post a Comment