Every year over the 24th of July we go camping to my Grandpa and Grandma Peterson's cabin. All of my mom's family comes.... aunts, uncles, cousins, second cousins, EVERYONE!! It is our annual family reunion and we all look forward to getting together. Some of us stay in the cabin and everyone else brings up their tents and trailers to sleep in. Everybody brings up their four wheelers and horses and we just have a great time! Probably our favorite tradition is playing Solitare Frenzy. All the girls get together and play for hours. We are all very competitive and it can get pretty crazy!! Also, this year I am pleased to announce that the young girls FINALLY beat our moms in Cranium. My mom and her sisters are VERY good at games and pretty much think they know everything so for us to beat them was a huge accomplishment. They are pretty bitter about it. Better luck next year old ladies!! :) We also set up the volleyball net and had some good games. The second night we were there, we had a glow stick party. My aunt Tracy bought everyone glow stick necklaces so we were all running around with glow sticks and then all the kids put together little performances with their glow jewelry. I really love my family. We are all a little quirky and weird, but we all have such a good time together. Can't wait for next year!!
I'm not sure why I'm wearing Ryker's head lamp, but don't I look cool??!!
Me & Ryker, Michelle & Carson, we had quite the four wheeling adventure... Michelle somehow got her four wheeler high centered and it died. We had to lift and push her four wheeler to flat ground and it took forever to get it to start again. The boys were a little worried, but luckily Michelle and I are tough!!
Ryker and I enoying nature!!
The view from the cabin. My grandparent's property is so beautiful. The wildflowers were in full bloom and everything was so green. And the weather was perfect. The night sky is absolutely amazing up there... You can see millions of stars! It is nice to get away from the world for a couple of days and just enjoy nature. Although I do miss being able to use my cell phone while I'm up there! And I am very happy to come home and take a shower!!!!
Me and Ryker gearing up for a four wheeling ride. All Ryker wanted to do the whole trip was ride the four wheelers. He didn't like to ride with me as much as my mom though. He said I drove too fast and was a crazy driver!! He kept his helmet on pretty much the whole trip so that he would be ready for a four wheeling ride anytime.
Roasting marshmallows with Corbin. I would have to say that having a campfire and making smores is one of my all time favorite things! Sitting around a campfire, eating a smore, does life get any better??
We nearly managed to make it through the whole trip without an injury... But Ryker fell on the cooler the last day and got a fat lip and a bruised chin. He was pretty tough and only cried for a minute. Luckily, this was the only injury of the whole trip. In years past there have been some pretty good injuries so for this to be the only one, I'd say we were lucky!!
6 comments:
Wow! It looks like you guys had a great time! I didn't know that you had Peterson's in your family. My maiden name is Peterson you know, maybe we're distantly related!
Looks like a lot of fun! I am glad Ryker is so tough!! You are welcome to send Ryker over any day, We are happy to rent out our dogs too, so if you are interested, which I'm sure you are, we will work out a price!!
I love camping, looks like you had lots of fun! I'm not ready to go back, the summer always goes by too fast, it will be fun to see everyone, but not so much the new kids we get! See ya soon!
Looks like a fun trip! I love the pic of you and Ryker in nature! It looks professional! We really need to do something soon. When do you go back to school?
The young girls only beat the old moms at the game because it was so late (and I had taken a sleeping pill) and after all old people need their sleep.... Wait until next time! We had a great time - Ryker is a dirt and nature lover
Looks like tons of fun. I have never seen Ryker in person, but in those pictures he looks so big!
Glad you guys had fun.
Post a Comment