Saturday, August 2, 2008

Boys will be boys!

So ever since we got back from the cabin, Ryker has thought that it's a good idea to pee outside!... Which is okay with me when you're camping, but any other time, not so much!!

Last Sunday I was taking him to the bathroom at church. There was already somebody in the stall so I told him we woud have to wait our turn, to which he replied, "That's okay Mom, I'll just pee outside!" I explained that we only do that when we're camping, but he just won't let it go!! All week he has been trying to pee outside. Everywhere we go he wants to pee outside instead of using the restroom.

This morning we were out in the yard pulling weeds out of the sandbox, when I look up to see him standing at the edge of the sandbox with his pants down!!! Yes, he was peeing all over the grass!!!!! He is such a boy! Little boys are so gross, good thing they are so cute! :)

Ryker has also discovered that peeing standing up is a lot more fun than sitting!! I don't love that either! I would prefer him to sit, but after hangin' with the boys at the cabin he insists on standing. I guess I should just be happy he is potty trained, huh?!! Oh, the joys of having a little boy!

6 comments:

Heidi said...

That is really funny, it really just must be a little boy thing. My sister in laws have been going through the same thing with my little nephews they think its okay to pee outside because my dad lets them pee outside when they are at the barn! The other day one of them had his pants dropped in my parents backyard! Funny!

Chelsea said...

That is so funny. It reminds me of when I was little and used to see the neighbor boys with their shirts off and I used to think it was ok for everyone to have their shirts off in the summer!
Good luck with that one!

Paul & Pam Ledesma Family said...

Don't worry too much Melissa, after all, my pediatrician told me that urine is actually very sterile when it comes out of the body! I know that doesn't help with overexposure of the little boy kind, but I thought I would share!!
Pam

Heidi said...

Those pictures of my room are not this year! you don't think I would go in that early, i don't think so!!! They are pictures of my first year, you're forgetting I'm not the over achiever!

Alyssa Ashley said...

HAHAHAHA I think I just peed myself! I remember when Zach was going through that stage and it seemed to never end! Thank goodness he grew out of it! I can't believe how big little Ryker has gotten and you look gorgeous as usual. Hope all is well!! I love you guys!

Wehrle said...

so funny! I guess that is one thing you don't have to worry about with girls. Although, camping would be a lot easier if Elliott could go potty without me... maybe someday!