Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Boring Update

So not too much has been happening with us lately... I went back to work last Wednesday and have been frantically trying to get ready for the upcoming school year ever since. I forget every year how much work goes into getting ready for school to start. Poor Ryker hasn't been getting much attention from me since he is at the baby sitters all day and then I spend most of the night on the computer getting stuff ready for school. I am pretty excited for my class, except for the fact that I have 31 students. I had Back to School conferences tonight and some more tomorrow and have met a bunch of my students. I have a lot of brothers/sisters of students that I had in previous years of teaching, which makes me feel pretty old, but happy since they are all great kids!! It has fun to be back with all my work friends. I really enjoy the teachers I work with. We are all very different, but balance each other out. I have laughed A LOT over the last week and have had a lot of "Friends" moments (right Heidi?!)... Traditional English Trifle anyone? Ha, ha. Good times! I have also been unofficially named the "Label Queen" of the school. I love to label anything and everything!! Thanks to Jason for my great label maker! :) Everyone makes fun of me, but I don't care, I love it!!!!

Ryker is slowly adjusting to me going back to work, but has had a hard time waking up. I have had to wake him up every morning and then of course, Saturday, the one day we get to sleep in, he wakes up early! What a stinker!! I feel bad that he hasn't been getting much attention from me, but he doesn't seem to mind. He has gotten to play with all his friends and hang out with my mom so I think he'll survive the next couple of crazy weeks while we adjust back into the work routine.

3 comments:

Becker Family said...

I'm sure you are such a great teacher! I can't believe you are already back! Hey, thanks for commenting on my blog. Sometimes I wonder if anyone is reading it and wonder if I'm wasting my time! It's kind of fun to stay in touch with blogs! We definitely need a girls night! Maybe next week?

Heidi said...

you know it! I think that sometimes I watch friends just a little too much but really it just doesn't get old!

candace said...

totally love the label maker, I have already ran out of tape!