Well, tomorrow is officially my last day of summer... It's off to work on Wednesday! I have mixed feelings about going back to work. I have REALLY enjoyed the freedom this summer has offered. Ryker and I have done so many fun things and have just been able to do whatever, whenever! But I am ready to be back in a schedule and get back into a routine again. I am looking forward to seeing all my work friends and to start a fresh new year of teaching. I am doing the same thing I did last year, still teaching Sixth Grade part-time in the afternoons. This will be my fourth year teaching, hard to believe it has been that long!! I couldn't have asked for a better job! I absolutely love teaching.
I didn't accomplish as much as I would have liked this summer... not surprised though, my "To Do" list is about a million miles long, but I did manage to scratch a few things off the list. Ryker and I spent a lot of time outside working in the yard, although you'd never know it since those darn weeds just keep growing back and I did manage (with my brother's help) to get my garage cleaned out. I also painted a wall in my bedroom as well as my mom's bathroom. And I finally cleaned out my car! Although, why I bothered, I don't know, since Ryker will just get it dirty tomorrow?! I attended about 100 weddings this summer and spent a million hours driving back and forth from Salt Lake to visit friends and family. I also did A LOT of shopping. My checking account will be a lot happier now that I'm going back to work and will have less time to shop!
I didn't get my date with Kyle Korver (thanks a lot everyone!!) And I didn't find a rich, good looking doctor to marry either! Both of those were on the top of my list, so I'll have to keep working on those.... Be on the look out people; tall, dark, and handsome!! And rich wouldn't hurt either! :)
To celebrate my last day of freedom, my friend Nicole and I are going to one of my favorite places in the whole wide world tomorrow... Park City!!!! We are going to do a whole day of shopping without our kids! Yeah!!
Anyway, thanks to everyone who entertained Ryker and me this summer! We had a great summer with all our family and friends. Now it's back to the grown up world.... WORK, WORK, WORK!!
7 comments:
Have fun today in Park City! I love it there, i can't believe today is the last day, yuck! I don't know if I'm as excited as you are to go back! Maybe it will my this whole pregnancy thing go by faster though with a schedule in place! I'm not taking any flex days it feels like we have a ton of meetings and not a lot of time in our room! I hate meetings I wish we could just get ourselves ready, anyway see ya tomorrow!
Man, you keep busy!! Thanks again for coming to visit me and Avery yesterday! We loved seeing you and Ryker!
Ok dont give up on Kyle. I told you I have something in the works. Keep your schedule open for the 21st of this month...the evening. We'll talk more on this.
Hey it's great to find your blog and see what you've been up to. It's kind of sad that we live so close and never see each other but with this new calling that will change AND I haven't forgotten about our softball team for the fall. I hope it's not too late to sign up.
Hey, I called this morning about a team and it looks like Roy still has sign ups. It would be thursday nights... I will call Trudy and see if she still wants to do it. Let me know what you think.
Hi Melissa! I found both yours and Chelsea's blogs today! :) I didn't know you had a July birthday, too. I also turned 27 this year and was not happy about it! (lol) Ryker is adorable and he's getting so big! I hope everything goes well with teaching this year! Our blog address is www.kellyandjamie.blogspot.com...see ya!
Melissa, Thanks for stopping in on my blog, it's still weird to think that people find a fascination with your life. Looks like you and Ryker are doing well, I don't think I've seen him since he was a baby, he's growing up into a little young man, to cute. You two are just movers and shakers, good for you! Hope all is well, and feel free to keep updated through my blog, I'll do the same.
Janica
Post a Comment